Redbridge Planning Department

Image caption or description
Redbridge Planning Department

Planning permission or building regulation consent may be required before you start any work on your home improvements or building projects. Many types of building works will require planning permission including:
o Change of use of premises from one class to another
o Extension of a commercial premises
o Installation of a new shop front and/or roller shutter
o Conversion of the space over a shop or a ground floor into a self-contained and separate use.
o Extension to the hours of use of premises
If you are considering building works which require planning permission, the Council can provide pre-application advice.
You will need to follow Building Regulations for many building works carried out on domestic and commercial premises, e.g. building an extension, removing an internal wall, or converting a home into a commercial property. Further help and information is available on our website

Become An Exhibitor

If you would like to get in front of the 300+ visitors call us on 0333 358 3399


Redbridge Means Business is organised by Your Business Community Ltd on behalf of the London Borough of Redbridge. Phone - 0333 358 3399 Email -